Go to Top

Sandusky Woman Keeps Rental Property & Assets with Chapter 13 Bankruptcy

The bankruptcy lawyers at Luftman, Heck & Associates recently aided a woman from Sandusky, who was originally interested in pursuing a chapter 7 bankruptcy to erase her excessive medical and credit card debts. The woman was primarily living off a pension and social security; however, she did own other properties and received some rental income that she wanted to retain. Since our lawyers try to get to know our clients and what’s important to them in a very stressful situation, we determined a chapter 13 bankruptcy involving a repayment plan was more appropriate.

In the end, our bankruptcy attorneys helped to erase approximately 30 percent of her total debt and facilitated an interest-free repayment plan for the remaining 70 percent. Since we arranged to fund the repayment with her rental income, she could continue to live off her pension and social security payments as she worked towards a more stable financial position that allowed her to keep all her assets.

Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome in your case. Individual results may vary based on the facts, injuries, jurisdiction, venue, witnesses, parties, and other factors. The results and client testimonials provided are not necessarily representative of the results obtained by all clients or their satisfaction with the firm’s services.